Ventolin inhalers are also known as 'the blue inhaler'. Used to relieve the symptoms of various conditions that affect breathing, such as asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). These symptoms can make breathing very difficult and can be extremely disruptive to everyday life. The symptoms include coughing, wheezing and feelings of breathlessness.
You may have heard Ventolin also being referred to as Salbutamol. So what's the difference between them? Well, they are essentially the same drug. A Ventolin inhaler is asthma medication designed to give a dose of 100 micrograms of Salbutamol. Any method or product used that delivers 100 micrograms of Salbutamol per does is technically the same as Ventolin. While inhalers may differ in appearance, they all typically work the same way.
I have a Ventolin inhaler, but how do I use it?
Before you use an inhaler, you must prime it. This will make certain that you receive the right dose when you breathe it in. To prime the inhaler, follow the instructions below.Before the Inhaler is Primed:
- Take the cap off and shake it.
- Aim the inhaler away from your face and press down fully twice, releasing two sprays.
- If you have not used the inhaler in the last 5 days, repeat this process.
- Stand in an upright position.
- Remove the mouthpiece and check that the inhaler is free from objects or dust particles
- Shake the inhaler 4 to 5 times, ensuring any loose objects are removed and the medicine is mixed evenly.
- Place your thumb on the base of the inhaler and index finger at the top of the canister.
- Breathe out gently and hold.
- Place the mouthpiece of the inhaler in your mouth, between your teeth. Make a tight seal around it with your lips. Do not bite.
- Breathe in with your mouth, with lips still sealed tightly around the mouthpiece. As you begin to breathe in, press the top of the canister with your finger.
- Breathe in gently and deeply.
- If you were instructed to use two sprays, repeat the above steps after 30 seconds.
- When finished, place the cap over the mouthpiece until it clicks in place.
Can anyone take Ventolin?
On the whole, Ventolin can be taken by adults and children of all ages. However, it isn't suitable for some individuals with certain health problems. If you choose to order Ventolin from Online Pharmacy 4U, it's vital that in your consultation you tell us if you:
- Have had an allergic reaction to salbutamol or any medication
- Take other medicines including herbal remedies
- Have a rare inherited digestive disorder of galactose intolerance, the Lapp lactase deficiency or glucose-galactase malabsorption
Are there any side effects for Ventolin?
When taken properly, Ventolin is extremely safe and effective at relieving your symptoms. However, it is a medication and like all medications, it does come with some potential side effects.Common side effects
More than 1 in 100 people have these side effects after taking 1 or 2 puffs of their inhaler:
- Feeling shaky
- Faster heartbeat for a short while (but no chest pain)
- Muscle cramps
These side effects are not anything to worry about and usually alleviate once your body gets used to Ventolin.Serious side effects
These are side effects are rare, but you must contact your GP if they appear once you begin taking Ventolin:
- Muscle pain or weakness
- Muscle cramps
- Irregular heartbeat
- Very bad dizziness
- Passing out
- Chest pain
- Very strong headache
Where can I buy Ventolin inhalers online?
You can buy Ventolin here at Online Pharmacy 4U. We have the blue inhaler, also known as the Ventolin Evohaler. It delivers 100mcg of Salbutamol per dose and we also offer the 200mcg strength. The 100mcg strength is currently available for as little as £13.50 each, up to 3 for £23.67.